HHO generators produce HHO gas, known as hydroxy gas. This gas is much more combustible than gasoline or diesel and when mixed with the engine’s primary source of fuel it generates a stronger explosion in the combustion chambers increasing the strength in the combustion process, meaning more efficiency.
There is an ongoing debate on the percentages of fuel energy efficiencies for modern engines. Some say that the engine is approximately 30% to 35% fuel efficient, the remaining 65% to 70% is fuel wastage, meaning that the fuel’s full potential is being released in the combustion process. While I’m not going deep into the subject of trying to conclude if these numbers are real or exaggerated, there is some fuel wastage, or else oxygen sensors would not be installed on modern engines which are constantly monitoring and sending data readings in volts to the PCM to rectify the fuel mixture.
How to produce “hydrogen on demand”?
Producing hydrogen, unless it is managed to be captured from the atmosphere – which proves extremely difficult, a type of hydrogen generator will be needed. One way of doing so is using water and separating its molecules. A water molecule (H20) contains one oxygen and two hydrogen atoms. An electrolysis process can be used to separate the hydrogen atoms from the water, forming HHO (oxyhydrogen), also known as “Brown’s Gas” which was named after Professor Yull Brown’s discovery.